Pages

Thursday 30 January 2014

40,000 Words: Terminators Under Construction

If you read my last post, you'll know I intend expanding the blog into other games, such as Malifaux and X-Wing. So, to keep things easy to find, each post title, will have a suitably witty identifier - 40,000 Words in this case as it's a 40k post, with others for other systems. Should help me, at least...

Anyway, the Independent Characters Hobby Progress Challenge officially gets underway on Saturday (1st February), so I need to pick a unit from my list to declare as my commitment for February. I can choose from:

  • Chaos Lord in power armour,
  • 10 Cultists w/close combat weapons,
  • 10 Cultists w/autoguns,
  • 7 Plague Marines,
  • another 7 Plague Marines,
  • 5 Chaos Terminators, or
  • a Helbrute.
Whatever I choose, I need to declare it before Saturday on the ICs forums, then complete its paintjob by the end of the month. The Cultists, Lord and Helbrute were ready for priming ages ago, given I picked up Dark Vengeance on release day in 2012.

I have also just finished assembly of the Terminators. I couldn't decide on the weapon loadout, so opted to have a crack at magnetising for the first time. And I've got to say, I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

Cleaning up and drilling.

All drilled and magnetised!
The torsos are glued to the legs, but all the weapons are magnetised so I can swap them out, and each one is magnetised to a temporary base. This means I can get at fiddly painting areas and I'm thinking about ordering some scenic resin bases from somewhere like Secret Weapon Miniatures or Micro Art Studio.

Here's one possible assembly:


The other thing I did was to replace the naff looking old-school flamer nozzles with more up-to-date Imperial Guard ones. The combi-flamer nozzle is a standard Infantry Squad one, whilst the heavy flamer is from the Cadian Command Squad.


So just a case of picking a unit to paint for February, then. I'll probably do a unit of Cultists first so I can experiment with different colours without ruining a unit of Forge World models...

See you through the Eye of Terror!

The Scribe

PS: A cautionary tale. The torsos of Forge World infantry upgrades are tough to clean out. Be careful you don't cut yourself with your hobby knife...

Blood for the Plague God?


No comments:

Post a Comment